Tuesday, June 19, 2012

TriathaMOM

I have wanted to do a triathlon for years. It's been this little nagging thought in the back of my brain that I could never quite get rid of. I have had 5 years of really great excuses, my kids are to little, I don't have enough time, mom was sick and I was traveling and this last year I was PTA president and started working more often. But despite all of that a couple of months ago I decided that now was the time, I was going to take the plunge and do the TriathaMOM.

GAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! That pretty much sums up how I felt after I signed up. But these last few months have been an awesome experience. I have learned so much about myself. I even joined a couple of different triathlon training groups, one of them made up of women right in my own neighborhood who are training for the same triathlon as myself. Talk about awesome support :) and the other group is full of every level of athlete from beginner to pro card holding ironwomen.

So August 18th is the big day, but with the way I'm going I might have to sign up for one in July :)

So In January I lost 10 pounds and I won a treadmill. Thats what got me thinking I could do a triathlon...I figured if I could do that I could use that same determination to do a triathlon. Guess I should thank Melanie for the inspiration :)

No comments: