Saturday, June 23, 2012

8 weeks to go!!

8 weeks from today I will be doing the TRIATHAMOM triathlon!

I have such a fun group of ladies to train with, which makes heading out to do a big workout so much easier than if I'm going on my own. Today we decided to do a full brick workout. We swam for 30 min, I went about 1000yards, biked 8.6 miles and ran for right around 35 min, I ran 2.25 miles. Ok I ran walked 2.25 miles (lots of walking). I am a super slow runner right now, but I don't let that bother me I try and remember that I am faster today than I was 6 weeks ago. I just keep in mind that I once ran a 5k in 32 min, and if I did it once I can do it again.

I also got some great coaching on my stroke today. A masters class was going on and Becky (the coach) was super nice about giving some advice even though we didn't technically sign up for her class. I ended up swimming my last 100 meters way faster and easier than the first 900. Where has Becky been all my life?!? The woman had great advice, unfortunatly now that I know about her I will have to make an effort to get my butt out of bed to make it to her 6am class sometime during the week. I feel like I could learn so much from her and really improve my form. YAY! That makes me really happy :) Now if I only had Lisa up here to motivate me to run faster.

My super awesome sister sent me a text yesterday telling me that she killed my 3 mile run time by a lot. How did she do it you ask? Well she simply pictured me running beside her and then thought about kicking my butt! :) Love that girl!! So today I pictured myself running with her...and getting my butt kicked LOL!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Haha. I LOVE it. You may out-swim me, and you may out-bike me, but I'll be damned if you out-run me. Keep up the good work. You are awesome!!