Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A food blog

I have a couple of hard and fast blogging rules. One of them is that I do not blog about food, the reason, I don't want people to think "well, no wonder she is fat!" But I am throwing that rule out the window today because I might be officially obsessed. There are two things that I just can't seem to get enough of right now.


The first is this Pineapple black bean dip. Jeff found the recipe in "The Friend" magazine a year or so ago, and I just can't seem to get enough of it lately. I made it Saturday night and had to make another batch last night cuz I ate it all and couldn't get through the day without some more of it. Bad I know! However, I am going to give myself some credit for all of the fiber. Plus all of the ingredients are healthy, I'm just not sure it counts to eat my healthy ingrediants on fried chips.

The second is Pumpkin Cheesecake. I needed a new recipe for piefest and that was it. It is really easy to make and really great to eat. But once again, a recipe with 5 or 6 Tbls of butter and a couple packages of creamcheese should be eaten in moderation. (For the record although I know the definition of moderation I generally don't use it in my daily life)


I am really hoping that this post will work the same way as getting a song out of your head. If I sing the song to you and you get it stuck in your head maybe it will stay out of mine. Same theory with sharing the recipes. Hopefully someone else will become obsessed and they will get out of my head ;)

Pineapple and Blackbean Salsa

1 can black beans drained and rinsed
1 can diced tomatos with cilantro and lime juice
1 can corn (Jeff likes the super sweet variety)
about 16 ounce of crushed pineapple or pineapple tidbits drained (this is a texture decision)
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup Italian dressing


Mix, chill, tasted best the next day.



Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake

1 sleeve of graham crackers crushed into tiny pieces
5 or 6Tbls of butter melted
1/4 cup sugar
Mix together and press up 2/3rds sides and bottom of 9 in pie pan


2 8oz pakages of cream cheese room temp
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs room temp
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
pinch of cloves
or 3/4 to 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

First cream together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla until smooooooth. Add in eggs one at a time. Spread one cup of the batter over the crust. To the rest of the batter add remaining ingrediants, stir gently. Smooth over the plain batter. Bake at 325 for 35-40 min until the center is almost but not quite set. turn off oven, open door let cool for approx 1 hour in oven. Remove from oven and put on counter to continue cooling. Refrigerate at least 4 hours, top with whip cream and enjoy!

Ahh, hopefully this post will curb my enthusiasm for these yummy treats.

No comments: