Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Spanglish


One of the things that makes me sad about moving to SLC is moving Abbi out of her duel immersion school. We love it at Dixie Downs and she is learning so much Spanish. She knows way more than me and is catching up with Jeff. I think it's great that she is in a place where there is so much diversity, different languages, accents and cultures. Plus it is so dang cute to hear the kids speaking Spanglish on the playground. :) Even Abbi does it, mixing English and Spanish through her sentances. A few days ago she came home and told me that her friend Nori (who might have been born in Mexico, 6 year olds are often fuzzy on details) can count all the way to 100 in Spanish. "WOW" she told me "That is like the coolest thing ever, and Nori knows all kinds of Spanish words. But its okay because I know all kinds of English words" I wish we were all this accepting of people's differences, the world would be a better place if we could see the world more like our 6 year olds see it.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

fun posts!! I cant believe Abbi is in first grade - insane!