Monday, September 15, 2008

Butterfly or Moth??

So Abbi's friend Megan invited her over the other day to catch caterpillers. (Oh joy, I thought). But Abigail was all excited, she was going to catch a catterpiller put it in a bottle and create it a habitat. (Where on Earth did she learn that word?) So off she went to explore the wild of her friends back yard. Well, what do you know, she actually caught a catterpiller (I have no idea if I am spelling that right, and I really might not even care :) She is so proud of that little thing, but when I looked in her jar my heart dropped, she didn't have a catterpiller she only had a little worm. Crap! what was I going to do, I couldn't break her little heart, I couldn't tell her so I kept my mouth shut. Well the very next morning she was looking at her jar and started shouting , literally, for joy. Her little bug was growing up!!! Sure enough what I thought was a worm really was a catterpiller and it had quadruppled in size overnight. It has now been almost a week and we have a chrysallis (SP) and soon we will have a beautiful butterfly or moth. We can't wait! Let's just hope we don't kill it. Wish us luck!

No comments: