Sunday, July 8, 2012

4th of July

We had an awesome holiday :) We started the day with a drive up Butterfield Canyon. It is amazingly beautiful, one day when I am a better biker I will have to ride up it on the bike. But that is far far in  the future lol.

 These two were having so much fun on the drive, it was cracking me up just listening to their stories and games. And of course Sofia has to cheese it up when ever there is a camera around! Silly girl.
 We ended up at Stansburry Island to see the Great Salt Lake up close. It's salty, and pink. The beach is completely crusted in salt at this spot and we could see the little brine shrimp swimming around, and of course the brine flies. The kids had fun sampling the salt (I know that is really really gross, but they did it before I noticed what they were doing.)
 As we walked on the beach our feet would break through the crusted salt into little pools of water. Luckily no one got too wet, although Carter had a couple of close calls with the lake.

 Playing in the salt and sand. The plants all around the lake were crusted in salt, making beautiful little crystal statues.

 Then home for a bath and a BBQ. I really really like hot dogs, I know whats in them and yet I still love 'em...go figure.

Then over to the neighbors to play and watch fireworks. Jeff got a ton of free fireworks from work, including some great ariels. As we were lighting the big ones off the fire marshal drove by...right next to them as they started to go off...oops :) We had an awesome 4th of July! Hope you all did too!!

No comments: