Friday, February 8, 2008

5 K what the $%^%

So Lisa and I ran my first 5k on Jan 19th. I finished. No, actually I did pretty well. I finished in 35 minutes. Lisa did a little better, but she waited for me at the finish line so our times are pretty much the same. Lou told me that during the race i would probably hate it and wonder why the &^% I had paid to do it, but by the time I got home I would be ready to sign up for another one. Guess what... She was right. Who knows maybe I could even work up to a 10k. I would have never guessed that I would ever call myself a runner, but it feels pretty good to give myself that title.

1 comment:

Jess's Journey to the Land Of Skinny said...

Nice Work on the 5k. Definitely keep it up. Disneyland sounded like a blast. I really want to take Kenny there soon. She would flip out with all those Princesses. How fun would it be to be one of the Princesses and know that little girls are going to love you and that you made their day? Just a thought!